For PantherSoft Tip's & Trick's, please be advised that some of these links are decision trees and may require additional navigation based on your choices. Select the area of your question and click selection:
001. How do I find a Vendor Number in the PantherSoft Financials System?
002. How can I see if an invoice has been paid?
003. I keep trying to save my work and it does not save. What can I do?
004. When I navigate to PeopleSoft and try to enter a transaction, my screen goes blank?
T-001: How do I find a Vendor Number in the PantherSoft Financials System? (Back to Top)
A: There may be several reasons for finding a Vendor Number in the PeopleSoft Financials System; Creating a Requisition - Finding a Payment - Determine if a Vendor is Valid. You can find the Vendor ID by:
PeopleSoft Menu Navigation:
Vendors > Vendor Information > Add/Update > Vendor > Find and Existing Value
On this screen you have a selection of values to choose from. The probability that you know the Vendor Name is high, however within PeopleSoft, they may be known by their alias or corporate name. In order to simplify your search, there is a field identified as "Name 1:" - Change the search criteria from 'begins with' to 'contains' and enter the name, in part or whole in the selection box to the right - click on 'Search' button.
- Select the correct Vendor from the search results to open the file. Please insure that on the 'Summary" tab the vendor 'Status' is "Approved" then you can copy the Vendor ID to make your payment. If the vendor is not approved, then contact the Purchasing Services area at (305) 348-2161 for further assistance. In some instances you may be refereed to the Tax Services area of the Controllers Office to clarify a status.
- If no values are returned, you must contact Purchasing Services at (305) 348-2161 for procedures to enter this vendor into the PantherSoft Financials System.
T-002: How can I see if an invoice has been paid? (Back to Top)
A: At times you may contact a vendor for some service and they may inform you that in the past they have provided a service but have not been reimbursed for that service. While you may refer them to the Accounts Payable area for the Controllers, you can also confirm if and when a vendor was paid:
PeopleSoft Menu Navigation:
Accounts Payable > Add/Update > Regular Entry > Find and Existing Value
This screen you have a selection of values to choose from.
After you open the Voucher, click on the 'Payments' tab. Using the 'Scroll Bar' to the right side of the page, scroll down to the "Scheduled Payment" section. In the 'Reference:' field there will be a number. This number can be used by the Disbursements section of the Controllers office to track the actual payment made to the vendor. The field above is the date of the transaction. If these two fields are populated, and the date is more than four weeks old, and the vendor claims that they have not been paid, the payment has probably been lost. Please refer them to the "Replacement Check Form" and have them submit this affidavit as instructed.
- Most Vendors will supply you with an Invoice Number. This number, for the most part is unique to a vendor, however several vendors may use the same invoice number, such as 001. Our system does recognize that the same invoice number exists, nevertheless the PantherSoft Financial System will not allow the same vendor to repeat an Invoice Number. You may enter this number in the "Invoice Number" field.
- In order to reduce the number of results for your search, you may also enter the Vendor ID (See Find a Vendor Number). The combination of these two values should send you directly to the Voucher used to process the Invoice.
- If no results are found, this may be due to two reasons, however in either case have the vendor contact the Accounts Payable section of the Controllers Office;
- The Vendor has not submitted an invoice to the Accounts Payable Section of the Controllers Office.
- The Vendor has submitted an invoice to the Department making the purchase rather than to the Accounts Payable Section of the Controllers Office. In this case you must forward the Invoice to the Accounts Payable Section of the Controllers Office for a payment to be issued.
T-003: I keep trying to save my work and it does not save. What can I do? (Back to Top)
A: At times you may encounter a problem saving your work on PeopleSoft. While there may be several reasons that this could happen, the most predominant is that a user has not cleared there cache, AKA cleaned their cookies. This is simple to do (Click on the Browser you are using):
Mozilla Firefox Navigation:
If you encounter any problems, try the transaction in the Explorer environment. Should you continue to encounter problems, contact the Financial Systems Systems and Support Help Desk at (305) 348-7200.
T-004: When I navigate to PeopleSoft and try to enter a transaction, my screen goes blank? (Back to Top)
A: At times you may encounter a problem working on PeopleSoft. For example you wish to add additional lines to a Requisition or Travel request, PeopleSoft will open a separate information box asking how many lines you would like to add. If your Pop-up blocker is on, this will prevent the box from opening and you will see a bar at the top requesting an action. This is simple to correct:
Internet Explorer 7 or 8 Navigation:
Tools > Internet Options > Security Tab
Click the Globe - Internet icon under the Select a zone.
Click the 'Custom level...' button at the bottom.
Scroll down to the "Use Pop-up Blocker" section and click the 'Disable' radio button.
Click the 'OK' button. A warning box will appear and click the 'YES' button.