Ms. Martinez has more than 15 years of experience in the areas of accounting and financial reporting, investments, strategic and business planning.
Currently as the Associate Vice President for Business and Finance at FIU, Ms. Martinez manages the following:
- Office of Financial Planning which is responsible for the development, planning and monitoring of the Universityís $1 billion in operating and capital budgets.
- Office of Auxiliary and Enterprise Development which supports the University community by assisting existing enterprises and facilitating the creation of new entrepreneurial ventures seeking to increase streams of funding for the University.
- Office of Business Services which is responsible for the day to day management of over $43 million in sales from food service, book store, university service and supplies contracts, and over 46 independent retail outlets
- Office of Parking & Transportation which manages over 15,000 spaces on three campuses including 4,900 spaces in five garages, as well as a variety of transportation and maintenance services university-wide.
- Office of Sustainability which coordinates the development and integration of sustainability policies and procedures, ensuring adherence to the American College and University Presidents Climate Commitment.
Aime Martinez was the Assistant Vice President of the FIU Foundation, Inc and Support Organizations. In this role she managed and directed the entitiesí accounting, investments, budgeting, information systems and associated personnel. Ms. Martinez handled all internal and external audits and participated in University wide committees such as the Universityís Worlds Ahead Strategic Planning Committee, where she served as Chair for the Finance Committee. She also represented the Foundation and DSOs in various board, community and business meetings. Ms. Martinez was also the Foundationís Assistant Treasurer. After several years in the private sector as an auditor and tax preparer in a public accounting firm as well as an accounting manager for an oil and gas public company, handling their financial reporting, Ms. Martinez returned to FIU in 2000. She accepted a position as Assistant Controller and worked her way to become Assistant Vice President and Associate Controller. She served in that capacity for seven years, she managed several areas in the Controllers during her tenure, including financial reporting, purchasing card program, investment and construction accounting, cash management, accounts payable, general accounting, audit and payroll. For her outstanding service to the University Aime Martinez was awarded the FIU Presidential Excellence Award in 2006. Ms. Martinez received a Bachelor in Accounting in 1996 with a minor in International Business and a Masters in Accounting in 1999; she is also a licensed Certified Public Accountant.